Kip's Commentary

80% Attitude by Volume. P.S. All original comentary and content Copyright 2005, 2006 :P

Name:
Location: Somewhere, North Carolina, United States

“Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot.” ~ D.H. Lawrence

Thursday, November 16, 2006

You Seriously Consider Emigrating When…

Don’t Light Up in Belmont, CA

California City Bans Smoking outdoors.

The Belmont City Council voted unanimously last night to pursue a strict law that will prohibit smoking anywhere in the city except for single-family detached residences. Smoking on the street, in a park and even in one’s car will become illegal and police would have the option of handing out tickets if they catch someone.

In their own cars.

In Los Angeles.

I really don’t want to think of ten of thousands of people sitting on the 105, the 110 and the 405 having nic fits simultaneously.

I used to smoke, and it is rather amusing that I quit after I came to North Carolina, but I’m not going to be one of those “reformed snots” getting up in people’s faces.

Where is this “growing evidence?” The only evidence I have seen that indicates that second hand smoke is a problem is for people who live with smokers, day in, day out. ie. It’s the continuous exposure in a confined area that is a problem. So don’t smoke around the kids.

You aren’t going to get emphysema from walking by a couple smokers at the park.

I guess American paranoiac hysteria isn’t confined to terrorism.

I can’t wait ‘till this one hits the supreme court.

Creationist Museum Opens in Kentucky

Prepare to Believe.

I ask wonderingly, about those fossilized remains of early man-like creatures? Marsh knows all about that: "There are no such things. Humans are basically as you see them today. Those skeletons they've found, what's the word? ... they could have been deformed, diseased or something. I've seen people like that running round the streets of New York."

*pinches bridge of nose*


I could perhaps see someone like this wandering down the street of Manahattan without anyone paying too much mind. It's not like New Yorkers actually look at one another on the street anyway.
But this is a Neanderthal, our closest relative that immediately precedes us on the evolutionary tree.




I don't think someone like this.....







(Homo erectus)











Or this...




Would get far don't the street without someone noticing.
If not pointing and screaming.

And these are simply the next two down the line, this isn't including all the Australopithecenes/Paranthropus species and others such as Orrorin Tugenensis.

ID people whine that "there is no missing link!". The fact is there are dozens of "missing links" that have been found, various stages of evolutionary development.

I suspect they are waiting for a fossil to turn up with "This Is the Missing Link" blazed on it's forhead.

Oi!

But this is the part that kills me…

The museum's research scientist, Dr Jason Lisle, has a PhD in astrophysics from the University of Colorado at Boulder. He realised he was a Christian while he was an undergraduate, but didn't spread it around: "People get very emotional about the issue. I don't believe we should ever be obnoxious about our faith. I just kept quiet." And how did he pass the exams? "I never lied, but if I was asked a question about the age of the universe, I answered from my knowledge of the topic, not my beliefs."

He acknowledges that the facts, what is real and provable, and his beliefs are completely different things. In other words...

So Much for Casting the First Stone

North Carolina Baptist Convention Bans Churches Who Are Nice to Gay People.

Now I have made the point before that gay’s marrying does nothing to “harm the institution of marriage”. Britney Spears has done more harm to the institution of marriage than Ellen DeGeneres ever will. But even if you are a Christian and believe that homosexuality is a sin, aren’t you supposed to “love the sinner and hate the sin”? Aren’t you supposed to welcome sinner into your midst because, hey aren’t we all?

Why isn’t Christ part of the Christian Church anymore? I mean, I'm not christians, but isn't he kind of important?

Or is he just the guy who dispenses everlasting life and to hell with anything he actually said?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home