Kip's Commentary

80% Attitude by Volume. P.S. All original comentary and content Copyright 2005, 2006 :P

Name:
Location: Somewhere, North Carolina, United States

“Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot.” ~ D.H. Lawrence

Monday, November 06, 2006

Some Quick Notes

Chasing Round Dice in Heaven...

I just wanted to say Requiescat In Pace to Godzilla, my Sister and Bro-in-Law's cat who passed over the weekend.

You once told me that if you you didn't belive in God, but you knew dogs went to heaven. I'm sure Cat's have annexed part of that for themselves. The soft cushy part with lots of mice.

My best wishes and thoughts are with you both. (((K&C)))

I Know I Said I Wouldn't...

But two items people might find of interest.

Robocalls Threatening Arrest for Voting

Like all the trouble with the diebold machines wasn't enough?
This is truly henious. I think election tampering should be treated as a serious felony resulting in hard prison time.

War Simulation in 1999 Pointed Out Iraq Invasion Problems

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A series of secret U.S. war games in 1999 showed that an invasion and post-war administration of Iraq would require 400,000 troops, nearly three times the number there now.

And even then, the games showed, the country still had a chance of dissolving into chaos.


This may be one of the many expert analysis mentioned in the Atlantic Monthly article I posted a couple years ago, Blind Into Baghdad. (It has been included in a book) that the Bush administration ignored in their stampede to invade Iraq.

Congrats to Dale Jr.!

Fighting the flu, Dale rallied back from 34th to finish 6th with a car that had smacked the wall early on. Well done indeed sir! Dale is third in the standings with two races to go.

So someone tell him to put down the controller and get some sleep.

It's the only thing for flu.

Elliott? What the hey happened?

And whomever is making him shave needs to be kicked in the shins.

...That's it! He's like Sampson. :D Betcha if they let him go "mountain Man" again he'd be posting top fives.

Please Vote!

I know things are really slimey and seem really hopeless out there right now, but it is certain nothing will change if we don't even try.


You can easily find your country board of elections online to find your polling place.

I know I owe you guys a final post on the Blockade Runners of the Civil War, it's forthcomming. Promise!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home