Kip's Commentary

80% Attitude by Volume. P.S. All original comentary and content Copyright 2005, 2006 :P

Name:
Location: Somewhere, North Carolina, United States

“Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot.” ~ D.H. Lawrence

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Thank You! UPDATED

Props to Farker Obscure

Thank you to everyone who voted, no matter how. Many states reported very high voter turn out as people took the time to participate in American government the way we should.

Thank you to those to crossed party lines in the realization that it was not about what "team" we're on, it's about the good of the American people. Thank you for voting to bring back the Land of the Free, Home of the Brave.

Montana has almost wrapped things up and the Democrat candiate for the Senate there still leads by a very narrow margin, so let's keep our fingers crossed for the day.

UPDATE: Montana Went Blue! Whooo!

UPDATE II: Donald Rumsfeld resigns. I think they figured out we weren't happy with them. (Either that, or Donny is freeing up time for all those Congressional oversight committee/investigative hearings he will be sitting in.)

We won't hear the final word on Virginia Senate race for sometime as proceedures there force a recount of any tight race, and given the amount of irregularties in that election, I think that's only right. So let's keep our fingers crossed for them as well.

Now for the House.

Props to Farker Madgecko13

First woman speaker!

Let hope Murtha takes Minority leader and we can get something done about Iraq soon.

Here's hoping to a bipartisian light at the end of the tunnel.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ola! Just wanted to say hi, and cheers! There is good news for thinking/non-kool-aid-drinking peeps out tonight. Hope your summer (and most of the fall) went well, last I heard you miiiight be going for semester at sea, but then changed your mind.
And then i dropped off the face of the earth.
But I so needed it, and things are awesome. I"d love to tell you how awesome, but I'm no longer putting personal info on comments, so we'll just have to figure out a way to email some time. hope you're well, and enjoying that wonderful feeling that accompanies the thought of that loud-mouthed, liberal bitch Pelosi (and i DO mean that as a compliment) is now our first female majority leader. hallefreakinglujah. maybe the adults are coming, and it'll be just like the end of lord of the flies. woohoo!


p.s. why did no one write a sequel...maybe "Piggy's Revenge"? perhaps I should. what a truly hilarious horror movie that woulld be. i hope you're celebrating!

November 09, 2006 12:15 AM  
Blogger KiplingKat said...

No sweat Vic, I totally understand. I'm glad to hear things are going well for you. It was about time. I didn't change my mind so much as had it changed for me. My Uni wouldn't accept the credits from the (very expensive) program as an undergrad. So my place has been held until after I get my BA to apply it to my masters.

I too look forward to Pellosi. I think most of the hate for her is the typical, "If it was a man he would be called tough and assertive, but it's a woman so she's a bitch".

I was at school yesterday when the news of Allen concession came down. I pumped my fist wildly in the air for a few seconds and have been quietly enjoying the glow.

No more rubberstamping and a plan to get us out of Iraq. At this stage it is all I ask.

Well, that put the taxes back on big business, budget reform to attempt to eliminate the defict and someone step in and stop the environmental rape that is going on.

Anyway, if Murtha gets the Minority Leader, there are great hope for a fast bi-partisian plan for withdrawl.

That makes me the most happy.

November 10, 2006 9:13 AM  
Blogger KiplingKat said...

Oh, and my 4th amendment and habeus corpus rights, I want those back.

November 10, 2006 5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home