Kip's Commentary

80% Attitude by Volume. P.S. All original comentary and content Copyright 2005, 2006 :P

Name:
Location: Somewhere, North Carolina, United States

“Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot.” ~ D.H. Lawrence

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Cul-Tcha..As In Pop

I rarely watch TV, so I am always a little surprised at where our pop culture is going…such as the informercials…

I bought a beautiful 14,000 ft house with a lawn and a swimming pool and koi pond in the back for no money down and no qualifying...I just killed the former owners and sunk them in the fish pond. The lillies look fabulous! Try not to do it in the house though. Blood stains are a bitch to get out of deep pile carpeting.

Well, it would have been much more interesting if he had said that.

Watkins Glen

Wow! In the three or four years I have been a NASCAR fan Watkins Glen is the one race I have missed every year for one reason or another, now I see why people look forward to it. Watkins seems to allow for a lot more speed and passing than Sonoma does, even if it wasn’t meant for people to go four wide into the corners. ;) Today was a “take no prisoners” race, some pretty hairy stuff and some great driving!

National anthem: Good voice, lousy tempo. (But my Gawd she was annoying during Wally’s World) Jamie McMurray looked for a second like he was going to hit the deck when the fireworks went off.

Got a look at the Busch standings, the top five slots being occupied by Cup drivers. I understand wanting to run a Busch races every once in a while for experience or kicks, but that's B.S. The Busch series is a supposed to be circuit for drivers coming up to gain experience and make a name for themselves, not the Cup boys playground. It's time to cull the Buschwhackers.

Queens-horse-wins-at-Ascot-clap (step up from Golf clap) to Elliott Sadler from coming back from an early spin in the kitty litter to an 7th place finish, his best at that track yet. He never gave up. Well done indeed! *Yea!* I hope things work out for him in his (probable) future endeavors with Evernham Motorsports. Maybe if the car is red they will actually talk about what he does on the track during the race rather than his career plans at every moment he is not racing. Sorry Dale Jr.’s day went from *meh* to *Thppppt* but he maintained his standings. Everyone knows how I feel about the way things are run at DEI so I won't repeat myself.

Can You Spot the Pit Bull?

After yet another “Pit Bulls are the Spawn of Satan” thread on Fark, someone posted this interesting quiz. Go ahead and give it a try.

Trust me, no animal control worker I have ever met can identify anything beyond “Shepard, Lab, Cocker Spaniel, Pit Bull”. They are clueless as to most dog breeds. Now you see what the problem is with Pit Bull Bans such as Denver’s.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas.



Obviously, I come down on the Pirate side of this never-ending fanwankery. So for my fellow pirates I give you: How to Kill a Ninja…straight from the source.

Be sure to check out Ninja Love as well.

Oddiments

The last few days a bird has settled in the woods behind my place that...chirps/chimes/cries rather loudly at dusk. I can't get a look at it. I wonder what it is.

Heads, Carolina Tails, California.
Somewhere greener, somewhere warmer.
Up in the mountains, down by the ocean.
Where? It don't matter, as long as we're goin'
Somewhere together. I've got a quarter.
Heads, Carolina Tails, California.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home