Kip's Commentary

80% Attitude by Volume. P.S. All original comentary and content Copyright 2005, 2006 :P

Name:
Location: Somewhere, North Carolina, United States

“Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot.” ~ D.H. Lawrence

Friday, August 11, 2006

Well, Bollocks...

After spending much time on campus visiting various offices (and never adjoining of course) this week, my University has flat refused to take the credit offered by the special Maritime Program I was accepted into this Fall. The classes are considered Graduate courses and I can't earn anything but elective credit for them at this point. I'm maxed out on electives after the Registar's office culled my transcript from California, so it would be a hell of a lot of money and logistics for a great experience and nothing more. Call me mercenary but if I am going to spend three months flogging myself taking 17 credits worth of courses, I want it to apply to my degree. However since they are considered graduate courses, I can take the program after I earn my BA and it will apply to my Graduate degree, so it's not as if this is a once in a lifetime shot.

I can't help feeling a pang of disappointment and since classes for me now start in 10 days, I have to leave work earlier than anticipated. I hate leaving people in the lurch like that. However, as I said it's not forever, logistically it will probably be easier later for multiple reasons and really, I am already on an adventure: moving across country and returning to school and such. I'm still getting used to that lifestyle, so I y'know...I can wait. Fortunatally, I was smart enough *not* to drop my courses here until everything was squared away so it's just a matter of paying my tuition on this end and buying 20 textbooks.

You think I am kidding....

That's the issue they don't talk about with upper division "You-Want-Fries-With-That-Major" classes: You have a schload of reading.

If the night turned cold...And the stars looked down...And you hug yourself...On the cold cold ground...You wake the morning...In a stranger's coat...No-one would you see...You ask yourself, 'Who'd watch for me?'...My only friend, who could it be?...It's hard to say it...I hate to say it...But it's probably me

When your belly's empty...And the hunger's so real...And you're too proud to beg...And too dumb to steal...You search the city...For your only friend...No-one would you see...You ask yourself, Who'll Watch For Me?'...A solitary voice to speak out and set me free...I hate to say it...I hate to say it...But it's probably me

You're not the easiest person I ever got to know...And it's hard for us both to let our feelings show...Some would say...I should let you go your way...You'll only make me cry...If there's one guy, just one guy...Who'd lay down his life for you and die...It's hard to say it...I hate to say it...But it's probably me

When the world's gone crazy, and it makes no sense...And there's only one voice that comes to your defence...And the jury's out...And your eyes search the room...And one friendly face is all you need to see...If there's one guy, just one guy...Who'd lay down his life for you and die...I hate to say it...I hate to say it...

But it's probably me
~ Sting/Clapton

1 Comments:

Blogger jeje said...

0821jejeasics basket ball Bien air jordan noir homme pas cher que vous pouvez souvent découvrir le Jack Jupiter dans les points air jordan 5 is it the shoes de vente, vous pouvez normalement obtenir un accord basket nike air max 90 essential pas cher beaucoup mieux dans le cas où vous Air Jordan 4 Femme le trouver sur Internet et l'acheter uniquement asics gel blast soldes par le biais de l'offre formelle. Les baskets chaussure nike femme 2017 air max d'athlétisme d'OSpikesNike sont l'article standard et le plus renommé air jordan femme basse avec l'organisation. Les fleurs donnent également une air jordan basket pas cher huile essentielle semblable à celle du jasmin (Jasminum cortez nike bordeau grandiflorum).

August 21, 2018 2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home