Kip's Commentary

80% Attitude by Volume. P.S. All original comentary and content Copyright 2005, 2006 :P

Name:
Location: Somewhere, North Carolina, United States

“Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot.” ~ D.H. Lawrence

Monday, August 07, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy…

Things have been kinda hectic on this end of the world. Mostly running around and wrestling with the paperwork to transfer the credits I will be earning off campus. Most of the courses I will be taking will be graduate level courses, so I have to put the heads of the Maritime History and the Honors programs in a headlock and make them sign off on my classes.

Actually, I'm just going to grovel.

They have extended my tour of duty at the office I am filling in at. Part of me can’t stand the work. It’s depressing after getting a taste of what my life could be this last spring semester. Just pushing paper and answering phones sucks the life out of me now, but the other part is very, very grateful for the income and the nice folks I have met here. On an upnote, I got my financial award letter today and over half my semester has been covered, a goodly chunk of which by scholarship. Free money! WooHoo!

Things are Getting Messy

Well, the peace process stalled out again today as Lebanon rejected the U.N. plan and threatened to send their troops into the southern region to fight Israel, bringing the government of Lebanon itself into the conflict. They are also making noises about rejecting international peacekeeping forces. Meanwhile, the last route for humanitarian aid to southern Lebanon, where 22,000 civillians were trapped, was cut.

I agree that an immediate cease fire is only a breather and won't resolve issues, but maybe a "time out" would be a good thing. I agree that given Israel's rather board interpretation of "defensive operations" and "Hezbollah targets" used in their current strategy, they do need to have some gawddamned limits spelled out. Taking out the unstable element that started this mess to begin with, Hezbollah, would also not only be fair but damned helpful. Something must be done to defuse this and soon before this blows up even worse than it has.

It's too bad we can't bring terrorist organizations to court like you can sovereign nations. For them to pay reparations to all the nations and people they have hurt and destroyed would end terrorism for all time. Cowards. I think most of the trouble in the world could be avoided if people were actually held accountable.

"Yes, you will get 72 virgins when you die, but your family will be living out of cardboard box for the next three generations paying for your idiocy."

Then again, that's what got us into trouble in 1939.

*sigh*


Whoops, There it Goes Again.

BP shuts down oil fields in Alaska.

People, isn't it time?

Welcome to The Bell Curve

"Culture War" in America May Be Overblown: Poll

"Despite talk of 'culture wars' and the high visibility of activist groups on both sides of the cultural divide, there has been no polarization of the public into liberal and conservative camps," the Pew Research Center said, commenting on its poll of 2,003 American adults.

Best illustrating the willingness of Americans to consider opposing points of view is that two-thirds of poll respondents supported finding a middle ground when it comes to abortion rights -- a solid majority that stood up among those calling themselves evangelicals, Catholics, Republicans or Democrats.


While I wonder if the sample group is too small to be truly representative, I do think despite the pitched voices on either side of the internet most people are in the middle. Shelby Foote once said that the Civil War was the one time Americas great talent had failed them: Compromise. Most of America is in the mushy middle and despite there obviously being two distinct visions of America out there, we should be able to find a common ground, a vision the majority can share.

Brickyard

I didn’t get a chance to see this yesterday and given what I have read on NASCAR.com, just as well. Bashing my head against the coffe table three laps in just wouldn’t be a nice way to spend my Sunday. *chuckle* Nice call by Tony Jr to keep Dale Jr. out to claw his way to a top ten finish, putting him back in the top ten in points. Mark Martin continues the March for Consistency. *keeps fingers crossed for the Markster*

Er…the Elliott Sadler style?

“The Elliott Sadler style is wild hair and I don't want to be the same clean cut guy everybody else is in NASCAR. They got my true personality, or a picture of it at least.”

Errr, Scuze' your Elliottness. While I do agree the "Count-of-Monte-Cristo” beats the “Squeaky-Clean-Teen-Captain-of-the-Baseball-Team” and I understand that you are an ambitious man trying to move forward in a media centric world, I think it would be best to...curb such statements in dealing with the NASCAR fanbase. The reason people are flocking to the sport is because they have enough "style" from spoiled, whiny obscenely over-paid NBA and NFL players swanning around in their Armani's and pinky rings and have come to NASCAR looking for athletes who are more substance. They're looking for function over form. Let’s leave discussions of one’s “style” to the models and designers.

Besides if I wanted a burnt-rubber fashionista, I’d be a Jeff Gordon fan.

I also think it would behoove every celebrity athlete artist, actor, singer, etc. to remember in the grand scheme of things, society needs municipal sanitation workers more than it does celebrities.

Or archaeologists. I'll be fair here. ;)

Though the bit about Terry Labonte's special paint scheme being faster was the mark of a true VG geek. I wonder just how organized the testing was. *chuckle*

Thanks Mom and Dad!

I love you too!



Yer loving D.,
J.

1 Comments:

Blogger jeje said...

0821jejeasics basket ball Bien air jordan noir homme pas cher que vous pouvez souvent découvrir le Jack Jupiter dans les points air jordan 5 is it the shoes de vente, vous pouvez normalement obtenir un accord basket nike air max 90 essential pas cher beaucoup mieux dans le cas où vous Air Jordan 4 Femme le trouver sur Internet et l'acheter uniquement asics gel blast soldes par le biais de l'offre formelle. Les baskets chaussure nike femme 2017 air max d'athlétisme d'OSpikesNike sont l'article standard et le plus renommé air jordan femme basse avec l'organisation. Les fleurs donnent également une air jordan basket pas cher huile essentielle semblable à celle du jasmin (Jasminum cortez nike bordeau grandiflorum).

August 21, 2018 2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home