Kip's Commentary

80% Attitude by Volume. P.S. All original comentary and content Copyright 2005, 2006 :P

Name:
Location: Somewhere, North Carolina, United States

“Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot.” ~ D.H. Lawrence

Friday, August 12, 2005

Real Quick

*Crickets Chirping*

Is it just me or has the Right been very quiet the last couple weeks?

Is it hunting wabbits?

Maybe the Rove issue was the straw that broke the camels back and the Republican Party and Christian right are just now realizing their mistake in entrusting this country to a neo-conservative administration?

Oh, let it be so.

I would really like to go back to complaining about school budget cuts and environmental issues.

Remington Steele

There are many, many women in Gen X who will forever remember the current James Bond as our first love: Remington Steele. From 1982 to 1987, Tuesday nights the siren call of Henry Manici’s theme parked us in front of the TV to watch Pierce Brosnan charm the pants off everyone except the intelligent, capable independent Stephanie Zimbalist while trying to solve a mystery with his encyclopedic knowledge of Hollywood movies doing battle with her common sense.

Recently, the Media Gods have finally brought this beloved show to DVD. I rented one of the discs this last week.

Now. I didn’t pop it in right away. In fact, I experienced some trepidation. I hadn’t watched this show since I was 16. What if it wasn’t as good as my adolescent tastes and my charmed memory thought it was? Do I really want to destroy my treasured childhood image of this show?

Ladies and Gentlemen, it was better. The mysteries are good, the characters are great, the comedy is a perfect shading of wit and slap-stick to lighten the mood, The scary moments are actually scary and nobody in Hollywood does “witty banter” like that anymore. The dialog is stellar between two actors with real chemistry. In many ways, this series did bring back the best of Hollywood’s golden age.
I also have to say I didn’t remember it being so blatantly sexual, but then I was something of an innocent. *chuckle* This series was made for adults. Adults in the 1980’s. ;)

It’s also a lot of fun for Angelenos to watch almost all of it of it was filmed in and around L.A. and it’s interesting to see how much L.A. has changed. Seeing pristine stretches of PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) where now the beach is enclosed and developed, for example. :(

Anyway, this show is even better than I remembered and if you haven’t seen it, I highly recommend it. It’s wonderful exciting fun.

Kicking Butt, By the Numbers.

To get me away from the eeeee-VILL internets, my boss has me training on Power Point, putting together random presentations just to practice. For the first one I did, I created a graph to track the finishes of three drivers I am following this year: Sadler, Martin and Earnhardt.

Today I took it a step further and added a column in for their starting position. I then took it another step and calculated how many positions they had gained/lost during each race, then added those numbers up into the total positions gained over the entire season.

I wish I knew how to post the entire graph, because the results were quite a pleasant surprise.

Elliott Sadler has gained a total of 3 positions this season.

Mark Martin has gained a total of 89 positions.

Dale Jr. has gained a total of 144 positions this season!

Be it the driver, the hellacious work in the pits, but probably both…
Holy Cow! Good job guys! *applause*

Now best of luck to the 8, the 6 and the 38 as they race at Watkins Glenn road course! Have a have a great and safe race.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home