Kip's Commentary

80% Attitude by Volume. P.S. All original comentary and content Copyright 2005, 2006 :P

Name:
Location: Somewhere, North Carolina, United States

“Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you've got to say, and say it hot.” ~ D.H. Lawrence

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

New Orleans

To my shame, having gotten too used to hurricanes effect on beleaguered Florida, I did not follow what was happening as it developed. I didn’t realize the extent of the devastation until I got home last night and flipped on the TV after reading some headlines talking about “body counts”.

My God.

My…God.

And it just keeps going.

And it’s hitting the poorest neighborhoods the hardest. These people have nothing to build back up with,m to get by on in the short term, not to mention the businesses and jobs lost in such a large city will economically depress the entire state for years.

We can all help.

Federal Emergency Management Agency

Salvation Army

Red Cross

Pets Too! The American Humane Association

Please help!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home